Paris Travel Blog

Sacre Coeur

Well it’s Paris, what more do I need to say about it?

It’s my favorite city! I’ve been there twice before I finally went with my boyfriend last march/april. We staid for 4 days in a nice hotel. nearby  Le Sacre Coeur, and one hour walk to La Tour Eiffel and Arc the Triomphe. We could see the Eiffel tower from our hotel room, so that was a big plus!

We went with the Thalys-train and it only took about 3 hours to arrive at Gard du Nord, trainstation. We got the bus to our hotel. Lucky for us there was a nice gentleman who spook English and France (because my French, well ce’st horrible!) and translated for us so we got a ticket! Only there are multiple hotels from the same organization so we got the wrong one and had to walk quite a bit with our suitcases… We couldn’t find a cab and the bus drivers don’t (wont?) speak English.

Dali!! J'adore dali!
. Beside that one little incident with the bus driver I haven’t met anybody who was unkind or unhelpful. When you ask “parler vous Anglais?” (do you speak English?), people will saynoorjust a little”, but they are never unkind or unwilling to help.

In Paris a good way to explore is by Metro. I’ts not that expensive and it will bring you probably everywhere. We only used it once, the day we went to Disneyland. Al the other visits we did by foot J. I found it a great experience to go by foot. Ofcourse we made some wrong turns but it gave me the Paris-feeling.

Tips & Tricks.

• Don’t eat sandwiches under the Eiffel Tower. They kost about €7.- and don’t tast that tasty. But on the other hand, it is ofcourse that vacation feelingThat to expensive-unhealthy-not-eatable-sandwich J.
  • Do not try tos peak French when your horrible at it, the French will look at you funny and don’t understand a word of what you say, French has a difficult pronunciation.
  • Do get your baguette at the local bakery, it’s always fresh and it tastes delightful.
  • Do go to Lafayette, a large department store, it might be way to expensive but even when youre not buying a thing you should just go there for the beautiful ceiling. It’s amazing.
  • Go to the salvador dali espace. I’m a huge fan of Salvador Dali and found it enjoyable to go there. Montmartre is really cool, there are a lot of painters who are just outside and paint. You can also buy different paintings.
  • Check out the website below. Website also in English.

In the heart of Montmartre, ESPACE DALÍ presents the unique permanent exhibition in France entirely devoted to the master of surrealism, and more particularly to his sculptures and engravings. ©

Dali!! Jadore dali!