City of fountains...

Aix-en-Provence Travel Blog

Upon arriving to this city, I realised two things: It is a beautiful city filled with fountains... and with dog crap! Once I was there we visited the Catedral which is probably the landmark in there. Some of my friends wanted to go shopping, which I thought wasn't the best idea, but I went with them anyway. Most of the time we spent it walking through the small streets and dodging dog crap on the floor. While I was walking I started taking pictures of all the fountains I found which could be even the smallest things and some could be quite big like the one con the center square.

It was a rainy day and even if we spent most of it outside, we did have to go into some places when the rain was heavy. I wasn't aware of how much it rains in France until this point, where a I realised that it freakingly rains a lot, especially on the south part of France, which is where I lived.

This is not a complain, however, because I think that it helps a lot so you don't dry-up because of the hot weather.

Another thing I liked a lot was the main street which leads to the biggest fountain in the city. This main street has tall trees on both sides which makes it look beautiful. In autumn, when all the leaves have fallen it gives you that classic, photo-type movie-like cliche of this season. I cant count the number of times I walked on this street just to admire it. Ultimately when it rained we just found an small business to go in and have a bite while the rain stopped. On the way back to the bus, only a couple of hours later I found a store that sold maps from all over and bought a world map (in french).

I still have that world map at this moment and I like to see it everyday because it makes me realise how much of the world there is to visit and also a sense of freedom of just thinking a about my next trip. I have it on my wall in front of my computer but I was had it on my ceiling so I could look at it whenever I just laid it bed.

photo by: o_mendfornd