Ao Luk-Mangrove + Railey Beach-Rock climbing

Krabi Travel Blog

Ao luk- Kayaking
We decided to do something adventure today. Kill 2 birds with one stone... hehe! Kayaking and rock climbing. Be prepared pals. Is going to be a tough day. We prayed hard to have good weather. Hopped on the Songteow, 45mins later we reached Ao Luk. Wow! This place was popular as well. Few groups already ahead of us. Took the Half-day tour, 4 hours kayaking should be tiring... hehe! Everyone get into the kayak n start paddling. Gosh!! they gave me a 2-seater kayak??? Sorry mam, no more 1 seater....Good luck Ting!! As soon as we started paddling, the weather changed. Wind getting stronger, kepp pushing us away from the direction we supposed to follow. Paddled harder pals... everyone pushing to their limits. Finally, we made it!! Good job!! Exhaustion shows on everyone faces.
Ao luk- Mangrove
.. hehehe!! And great journey follows. Paddling thru the crystal clear water, the limestone cliffs, mangroves rimmed canals. You get to see birds, wild spiders, Long tailed Macaques, Fiddler crabs, Mudskipper and snakes. Do watch out the monkeys, they jumped n hopped on yr kayak if there is food on your hand. An half day kayaking wasn't an bad idea. Is an environmental voyage of a lifetime. Time to head back to Ao Nang beach followed up with rock climbing.

Thunder storm hits right after we left Ao Luk. I sympathy those having full-day tour, they should be soaked by now. But am concerned bout out rock climbing trip ... :(  Unsuspectedly when reached Aonang it wasn't raining over there.
Ao luk- Mangrove
.. hahaha!! Strange!! Booked the package from an German lady. Husband was Thai, an experienced rock climber. I always wanted to do rock-climbing at Railey.... Heard from firends, read the reviews, finally i get a chance to climb.... My first time actually... am i scared??? NO!! SO excited to get hang up there... hehe! I need a good belayer. There are 5 in total. Beginner, start with the easiest one. Soon one by one going up the 1st route. "Soya, go to yr rite, put yr rite foot up... Ya ya!! Now use yr leg to climb not arm. Good!..... bla bla bla!! " And I was busy taking pictures, till he called my name.... "Hey! Wat's yr name?" Yr turn now!!. Oooooh quick, keep the camera. Need to listen to all the instructions carefully, no mistake allowed. First attempt was fun!! Now move on to 2nd n 3rd route.
Railey beach- rock climbing
Getting tougher n tougher, my hands and legs were refused to listen....Tend to use more arm strength then legs. Is a good knowledge on learning how to glue myself on the rock?? Despite on how energetic you are, after the kayaking and climbing, trust me, is exhausted!!! After the 4th route, i hardly can move my legs n hands... wish i could have massage now!! I gave up!! Done, case closed! No more rock climbing for today. perhaps tomorrow.....

Ahhh!!! Glad to be back, to our homey apartment ....I've set an appointment with my masseuse after dinner. But everyone lazed around the hall.  Refused to move.  Hahahaha! Out of suddenly Afik said "Hey guys!! Where shall we go tomorrow???" Everyone was stunned for few seconds. Perhaps divings? Afik said. Great idea for divers, me and Soya were non-divers, we shall check out other interesting places. After dinner they checked out the diving package rite opposite where we stayed. According to them it was a great deal. I guess they going diving tomorrow :P  Me ans Soya checking out the travel agent next door.  We need some retreat, Hot Springs sounds good!! Let's go massage now....We need to good nite sleep tonite..... No snoring guys!!
Krabi