A prelude

Meppel Travel Blog

A few weeks ago we went for a bikeride when we had a nice Spring Day (see my "Back in Meppel....again" blog), and that went so well I discussed with the girls that it might be nice to do something like that for our holiday this Summer. Reagan can ride her bike very well and quite far, and Jordan is quite comfortable on the kid's seat on the back of my bike, so I thought why not? Initially the idea was to go camping, bt when I found out the cost and thought about all the hassle involved I quickly changed that idea. We will now be staying in "trekkershutten", little log cabins of about 10m2 which contain two bunk beds, a table and chairs and a cooker and not much else. The cost however is about the same as camping and you have just that tiny little bit more luxury and less stuff to bring. We will still need to bring sleepingbags and cooking utensils, or we can rent the latter if we prefer.

Now normally I don't really like to plan my holidays but with (small) kids I don't really have much choice. So I have been checking out a few campsites that have these little cabins and preferably also have some facilities for children. I have found a few nice ones, and the idea is to ride for a day, stay somewhere for two nights and then move onto the next place. Not sure yet how long we'll go in total, but I'm guessing about a week to ten days. We will have to book ahead so lets hope the weather is good during the time I book it for!

photo by: Stevie_Wes