Isle of Mull, Scotland day 4

Isle of Mull Travel Blog

tobermory in the sun
After yesterday I hoped the weather had improved, There was a slight breeze and not much rain although the cloud was still around. Tobermory was today's trip out, A little fishing town on the other side of the island, incidentally it if the place where the filming of the children' program "ballamory" was filmed and yes all the shops on the front are painted loads of different colours.

There are a few places to see there, Like the museum. In there you will find all sort of things from the story of the island and parts of old ships and shipwrecks. I did not know what a dibber was until i went there.(it is a tool used for planting potatoes!! I had always thought that it was a remote control for the TV lol!
There is a fishing tackle shop a couple of doors down were i got some bate and some tips for fishing in the sea I was determined to catch something for tea, even though I do not like most fish i would be nice to try some that I had caught.

There is also a distillery there that makes whiskey, apparently we had just missed the heat wave and that caused the production to stop there because of a lack of drinking water.

I would also recommend the fish and chips from the van on the pier! The fish is caught and then cooked pretty much that day. the batter is nice and crisp and not soggy like down in Manchester and the cod was amazing!

Also there is a converted church in the center, a cafe and a shop. I got talking to a local and it turned out she was from the same town as I! talk about a small world!
tobermory in the rain