Day 9-- Paris

Paris Travel Blog

 › entry 8 of 8 › view all entries

Long day today. We picked up the guide, Veronique, and went to Notre Dame. We watched the new Pope be elected and perform his first mass on a big-screen TV in front of the Cathedral. (If I have the date wrong, excuse me, but I'm writing the 2 years later, exactly, and I don't have the exact dates written down in my journal.) After Notre Dame, we stopped to take pictures of the Eiffel Tower. We then went to Versailles. It was nice, but not my favorite, not going to lie. Just didn't hold much interest for me. We then went to the Louvre, where Liz and I went through the Egyptian wing, then we went shopping... the stores inside the Louvre are really sophisticated, including Swarovski and Sephora. After the Louvre, we went to dinner, where we had salad and pizza, and for dessert, a dessert pizza. It was a cheese-danish type cheese (ricotta?) and chocolate. There was another one, something and pineapple, which wasn't as great as the chocolate one. When we finished dinner, we went on a boat cruise down the Sienne. Allie dropped her camera into the river- and it was her birthday! Luckily, it was only a disposable. We went from the boat to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I got a little acrophobic, but the scenery was just GORGEOUS! Paris at night... gives you shivers. We finally got back to the hotel around 12:30am. We met Tibor and I tripped on some bushes (yeah, I know...) I got some bruises and a nasty cut on my leg. Everyone laughed at me, but that's okay. I was laughing too. We got into the hotel and showered. The hotel was so cool-- each room had two beds in the main room, and then there was a loft in each room with two more beds. I slept in the loft- once we actually slept. After the shower I was in my towel and there was a knock at the door. Thinking it was Emily, who was coming back to the room after going to talk to someone, I opened the door. But no, it was Brendon... Humiliating. I got dressed and Alex and we all watched porn until 2:00am.

We woke up at 4:00am to go to the airport and flew home.

Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
photo by: Sweetski