Mountain Springs Cabins in Asheville, NC Perfect!!!

Charlotte Travel Blog

Our family has a reunion in a different location every year. (10 different families in our group) This year it was my turn to have that tedious task of finding just the right place that everyone would love. Not something I looked forward to, as trying to please everyone is not easy. I know we had allot of complaints a few years ago when my sister had to find a place.
Well, I found the place I wanted right off, but still took plenty of time and did all my homework, remember all the grief sis got. Mountain Springs was my choice. Hands down. And I am happy to report there was not a complaint in the bunch!!
This quite little spot with just 13 or 14 cabins is tucked back in a little mountain cove just a few miles from Asheville. We found it easy (especially with the help of the staff) to get from out little hid-a-way to great restaurants, The Biltmore, Chimney Rock, The Smokies and even to places like Grandfather Mountain were just a short dive away.
There were so many places we wanted to see, as a large group and then some places we went just as small groups. I don't think we could have found a more centrally located place to stay.
Some cabins were small, which worked out well for the singles in our family. They had a few "romantic" adult only cabins where a few could feel like they were getting a second honeymoon when not with the group. I loved the larger cabins on the stream (where my clan stayed).  We had a great recreation area to get in some football, volleyball and Frisbee. The kids had a fun playground and fort for playing. It was close enough that they were on their own and still we could keep an eye on them.
The staff set up a "cocktail" hour for just the adults at the stream with a wonderful bonfire and set up a night hike for the children including a cookout so we could have some time to kick back and visit without having to worry about where the kids were or what they were in to. That was absolutely wonderful!  And the kids talked about their outing for days!! Most of us are "city folk" so our kids thought this to be quite the adventure to go hiking at night and eat by fire light.
If you go in the spring, take light jackets or sweatshirts. It is beautiful during the day (the kids even played and tubed in the stream) but it did get quite chilly at night. (perfect when your around the bonfire)
The place was fantastic!!!  We never met anyone who fit the description in one of the reviews. The property owner, Katie, made sure our every want or wish was met. From ticket to the Biltmore to organizing activities for the kids.  She has a small (very) staff that were just as helpful.
Our cabin was as clean as could be and very nicely furnished. A dishwasher would have been nice, but that was probably the only thing missing. We had well furnished kitchens, comfy beds, warm fires at night (and that oh so wonderful sound of the stream to lull us to sleep) and beautiful grounds to roam in the day. They were just putting in the flower gardens when we came, so any of you that go later in the season will get to enjoy that.
We even had one of the "property" cats to adopt us that reminded us of our little tabby we left back home. It was great... sitting on the front porch swing, watching the kids play in the stream and having the little feline sitting in my lap.  Life can't get any better.
On our last night Katie had our cookout catered and it was the best "last night" we have ever had. We all discussed it and decided to come here again next year! Takes the burden off cousin Sam. LOL We already know what we are getting and even with a 5 night stay this time, there is so much more we want to see in the area. Asheville is an amazing area.
We asked about ac, and they did put it in last year, so we plan to come later in the year next time. I was just a wee bit concerned after reading one of the reviews, though I can't imagine it getting very hot there in the mountains.
So there you have it. Our perfect family reunion! Hope this makes things a little easier for those of you who have the task of finding a place that the whole family will like. Tell them Jason B sent you. (They give free nights for referrals and guest who are returning!! Get us some free time for next visit!!:)