At Sea

At Sea - Montevideo to Stanley Travel Blog

We slept even later, waking at 10:30 and eating in the Horizon Court at 11:30. I wrote an e-mail update on notepad, figuring I'd send it later since a notice on the TV said the satellite link was down. I also dumbed-down some pictures as attachments. After sitting on deck for a while, we listened to Vic's lecture, then I went to the hotspot to send the e-mail. By the time we were ready for lunch, it was 3:30 and the Horizon Court was finished serving lunch so Lin grabbed a hot dog and I a couple of pieces of pizza by the pool and, since by now it was really cold on deck, we brought them to the room.

Eventually we dressed for dinner but stopped at the photo shop where I bought a formal portrait from last night while Lin staked out a spot in the Wheelhouse. The band the, the "Romantic Trio", was good for listening but not dancing so at 7:30 we moved to the Explorer for Latin dancing and danced until it was time for dinner. Had great escargot and a great duck pate as well as OK duck for dinner.

After dinner we returned to the Latin party at the Explorer and danced a couple of numbers but it was too crowded so we moved to the Wheelhouse where we met Andy and Nellie from Toronto.

When the band broke a little after 11, we quit since we had a tour scheduled at 8:45 AM.

At Sea - Montevideo to Stanley