At Sea

At Sea - Montevideo to Stanley Travel Blog

 › entry 7 of 22 › view all entries

I was up at 7 and read on the balcony for a while before I felt cold and came back inside. Since I didn't want to wake Lin, I went back to bed and slept 'til after 10!

We grabbed breakfast in the Horizon Court and, against all odds, checked lost and found again, then I went to the pool while Lin shopped. It was tough to find a place by the main pool so I sat on the sun deck until I was feeling the sun too much, and then moved to the Terrace Pool at the stern where there was some shade.

We met at the room at 1:30 and grabbed something to eat by the pool before going to Vic's lecture on Mohammed Ali. Vic was actually Ali's doctor for a while and had some pretty interesting stories to tell. Afterwards, we stopped at the Internet Cafe to send a message about the cell to my assistant, Charlene, so she could cancel the service. We sat on deck for a while but it had become decidedly colder. We sought shelter from the wind at the Spa Pool but Lin got too cold and went down. When it started to rain a few minutes later, I followed. We just loafed in the room with me writing, downloading pictures, etc. while Lin read and slept.

This was the first formal night with Lin dressed in red for Valentine's day. We'd been invited to Gus & Val's for drinks at 7. While Lin finished getting ready, I took my laptop to the hot spot on 5 to check and send e-mail. Next stop was the Wheelhouse for some dancing, then on to Gus & Val's where the 8 of us had a nice private party.

After dinner, the rest of the gang went to the show while we returned to the Wheelhouse. The band quit at 1:00 and we left shortly thereafter. Who would have thought we'd be out dancing until such an hour? I messed with the computer for a while, transferring files, etc. before turning in. Fortunately, the clocks get turned back an hour tonight.

Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
At Sea - Montevideo to Stanley
photo by: jhwelsch