City Square&Plaza Pelangi VS Causeway Point&Orchard Road

Johor Bahru Travel Blog

Lion and Kok Foo, Orchard Road
I was going to meet my sister in Plaza Singapura, Orchard Road. Walking along the Orchard Road with my sister. We went through a few shopping malls like Plaza Singapura, Lucky Plaza, The Paragon and Takashimaya. We bought nothing, as I already bought the books that I wanted. Around 4pm, my sister left me alone as she going back to work. Orchard Road is a shopping paradise. There is many shooping malls and hotels along the road. One end to another end of the road is very far and it's enough to put three MRT stations there-Dhoby Ghaut, Somerset and Orchard. At night, especially during Christmas period, the decoration along the road is fascinating. They called it Tropical Christmas. I decided to go to Johor Bahru to withdraw my money as Johor Bahru is just opposite of Singapore Island and they separated by the Straits of Johor. Singapore connects to Johor Bahru by Causeway. It's not a bridge. It's a road and railway elevated on a sandbank and across the strait. There is a new immigration building in Johor Bahru which is much further away from end of the Causeway, near the new railway station and City Square. There is a link between there with air condition, but it's very far to walk from immigration building to city square and vs. It received a lot of complains from citizen whereby the old immigration building was just located at the end of the Causeway. But I think the new building is far cleaner than the old one, much modern and not much dark areas for crime incident to be happened. As you know, crime is a concern in Johor Bahru. The immigration was not as lousy as previously, which they don't even look at your passport and let you pass by just like that. Improved a lot. I went to City Square to withdraw my money and then I went to Plaza Pelangi by taxi. There is a nice massage centre located around Plaza Pelangi. After the massage session, I went back to Singapore and stopped by Causeway Point beside Woodlands MRT station to have my dinner before I went back to hotel to sleep. No walking back and no searching for ghost tonight, I was too tired to do so.
Johor Bahru