Changi Airport,Little India,Chinatown and Clarke Quay

Singapore Travel Blog

Welcome to Singapore
Jetstar was landed on Terminal 1, Changi Airport. But there is no MRT station that connects Terminal 1 to the city. MRT stations are only found in Terminal 2 and 3. I need to take skytrain to one of these terminals to get to the MRT station. From Changi Airport MRT station to Little India MRT station, I need to change different of stations, from green line to red line, and then to purple line. One of the exit of Little India MRT station (Mackenzie Road) is the most nearest to my hotel, about 10 minutes walk on foot. It doesn't count if you have many heavy luggages. After checked in, take a shower (sweating due to Singapore is hot and humid, the changing of various of stations, heavy luggages and walked to my hotel), I straight away go to Chinatown by MRT.
Changi Airport
Chinatown in chinese, literally, they called it cow car water. There is still a myth where this name came from, many explanations. But in present day, there is no cow and no car was found in Chinatown. Water, yes, from the pipe of course. You will find many souvenirs there, food too, is plenty and massage. I went to Pagoda House to do prayer and help to bath the Buddha statue (Wesak Day is near). I went to eat in Chinatown complex, the choices are too many, but I picked the wrong one, not tasty, but I managed to finish it. My mouth was like getting a curse on it, because I eat too much in the whole trip, like no tomorrow. Hehe. Singaporean food is nice. Better than in Sabah. I was exhausted, I went to one of the shop to do some massages. Expensive but worth for it. Various types of massage and masseur to choose from.
Clarke Quay
Then, at night, I went to Clarke Quay. Clarke Quay is one of the places famous in night life, beside Boat Quay and Tanjong Pagar. I sat on the Read Bridge to see the night view of Singapore River. It's beautiful. One of my favourite places in Singapore beside Esplanade and Merlion Park. Again, my mouth was looking for food, I went to Central to eat Korean food. I was tired, I went back to my hotel to get some sleep, to prepare well for my tomorrow journey. But on the way back, I keeping my eyes to searching for ghosts. I read too many True Singaporean Ghost Stories, I think. I saw no ghost in Singapore, but I heard that Singapore is one of places that has many ghosts as in Hong Kong, due to the packed population. To see a ghost, is one of the reason I come to Singapore. I know I'm crazy. Bangkok too, I going there soon, hoping to meet a ghost there.
Daive says:
Same here, fell in love with Singapore, even if everyting seemed so expensive (when converted to Peso!)... Can't believe I actually get what you mean by having to transfer from the green, to the red, and then to the purple line, ha ha! Cool, huh! At first it was confusing for me, but after a few rides, I got the hang of it :D Love Singapore, wish I could get work there!
Posted on: Mar 11, 2010
strangemystic says:
Hi Christopher!

I found really intriguing that you were looking "on purpose" for ghost. Most people I know are rather (very) afraid of them and would avoid them at any price!

And Congratulations on your award !
Posted on: May 14, 2009