Bugis,Suntec City,Esplanade,Merlion Park,Boat Quay

Singapore Travel Blog

Fountain of Wealth, Suntec City
Walking to Bugis from my hotel is faster than taking MRT from Little India to Bugis. On the way to Bugis, there is a restaurant, it's time to have my breakfast even though I just ate my bread. I went to Kwan Im temple to do prayer, one of the famous temple in Singapore, around that area, many street stalls, shops and shopping malls. After that, I went to Bugis Village to buy some souvenirs before I heading to Bugis Junction again to have my lunch there. The weather is very hot, I keep on sweating. Bugis Junction not only has food, but also air condition. It's a heaven to me at that point of time. Before I open my mouth to eat again, I went to Kinokuniya to buy some maps and travel books for my next trips-Beijing (China) and Indonesia.
Merlion
I was going to meet my sister in Bugis MRT station which is the lowest floor of Bugis Junction. After the short conversation with my sister who work in Singapore, I went to Suntec City to see the Fountain of Wealth and Koi Garden once again via City Link from City Hall MRT station. City Link is an underground shopping mall that connects Suntec City, Esplanade, Raffles City, War Memorial Park and Marina Square. It's a wise choice to use the City Link during the hot sunny day or raining day and you don't need to cross the traffic, in the mean time, you can do your shopping. Fountain of Wealth is the biggest fountain in the world. The water from the fountain was claimed to bring luck and wealth for those touched it while wishing and going around the small fountain in the center of the Fountain of Wealth.
Merlion Park
I wasn't sure about it, but it did bring wealth to Suntec City and bring me all the way here from Kota Kinabalu. My wish was something related to it.  All the buildings in Singapore are built according the Feng-Shui aspect. There was a music fountain show when I arrived there. Koi Gaden is the pool for Koi fish which is also a Feng-Shui design. You can found another two similar pools in Terminal 2 and 3. But the fishes are much fatter in Terminal 2 and 3. I used the City Link to go to Esplanade Theatre. The design of Esplanade Theatre is just like a durian opened up into two and the shell facing upward. At night time, it's very beautiful. From the outdoor theatre, you can see the night scene of Civic/Colonial District. I love Singapore...From Esplanade Theatre aka durian, you can walk to the Merlion Park in front of the One Fullerton.
One Fullerton
Merlion is a statue of lion head with mermaid tail. It's a symbolic to Singapore, no doubt. There is a myth story about it, that, long time ago, there is a fisherman saved by the Merlion in the sea. There is an another story that the Indian Prince came to Temasek (old name of Singapore) and saw a tiger in the island, but he thought that tiger is a lion, and he called the island Singapura (lion city) and settled down there. There is a show in Singapore Discovery Centre in Jurong talking about how Merlion was teased by the Singaporean, even though it contributed so much to Singapore and it was unhappy and jealous the existence of the durian that threatened its place in the Singapore. It's funny because the Merlion is singing how unhappy it is. Later, I walked back to Raffles Place MRT station via Boat Quay and back to my hotel.
Lion, Singapore River
Around the bridge there, I saw a lion cartoon stands beside the entrance of the bridge, I saw a few too along the Orchard road. It's cute and it's part of the campaign of Be Considerate. It attracts a lot of kids to take picture with it, included me. Hehe. I like to feel alone while walking in Singapore at night time (close to midnight). It's cool and it's best time to see a ghost too. Nothing I saw, but it's very safe to hang out at night in Singapore, that's why Singapore is always my ideal place to live.
Kwan Im temple, Bugis