Uh Oh, We Lost Kos

The Hague Travel Blog

The first two days in The Hague were jam packed. Clark only had two days total in the Netherlands so he wanted to see as much as possible, and of course the rest of us tagged along. We slept in pretty late that day before we made our way back into Amsterdam. Kos had to work that evening so he was going to meet us afterwards back at his apartment.

Unfortunately, we didn’t make it to the train station until around 4:00pm for the quick ride into Amsterdam. We had time to just stroll past some of the big sites before we had to return back to The Hague to get Kos. I didn’t mind as I was pretty much Amsterdam-ed out. Once back at the apartment (we used a day on our Eurail passes so we just travelled back and forth for free), Kos was nowhere to be found. Luckily, we had a spare key so we just waited until he got home. The only problem was, he never showed up.

Around 10:00pm, we get a call. Sure enough, Kos thought we were going to meet him in Amsterdam. So back we went for the second time that day. It was a Saturday night so we figured we would find something to do. Once we arrived in Amsterdam around midnight, we gave Kos a call. Unfortunately, he didn’t answer. We found a cool little bar/coffeeshop and hung out there until Kos called us. About 30 minutes later, he finally did and we met him in Dam Square. It is always a bit nerve racking when you’re supposed to meet up with someone but plans don’t go accordingly.

The rest of the night was pretty laid back. We went into a few bars and watched the variety of people that swarm Amsterdam in the wee hours of the morning. I will go more into these details in a later post from my final night in Amsterdam. We made it back to The Hague around 3:30am and slept. We had a big day coming up.
The Hague