On the Road Again

Bayeux Travel Blog

We spent the entire day on the bus driving from Brussels to Bayeux, a small town in Normandy where we would be spending the next three nights. We left Brussels at 8:00am and arrived in Bayeux at 4:00pm. Needless to say, it was a very uneventful day.

That was until we arrived. The hostel we stayed in was like nothing I had ever seen before. The guy’s room reminded me of a ski lodge from the 70’s with a French twist. There was a massive pink lamp, a picture of a topless woman, and slanted ceilings that I hit my head on every single day. Luckily, the beds were comfortable and the room was pretty big.

Then we started exploring the place. Every door we opened hid some different treasure. We found spiral staircases, random courtyards, a fully stocked kitchen, and even a hangout room with foosball that reminded me of a dungeon. There was a different smell everywhere you went as well. The dungeon had a moldy smell that had probably been there for at least 20 years. We went to play foosball but the wooden balls were completely covered in a layer of mold. We didn’t spend much time down there. Many of the girls were pretty upset and didn’t want to stay at the place, but I thought it was unique and I was excited to see what else I would encounter.

That night, Bertrand brought his guitar out to the courtyard and played some tunes for us students (he is in a band). It was a very relaxing scene being outdoors under the moon passing bottles of wine around and enjoying good times with good people.
Bayeux