I'm Ready To Leave This City

Paris Travel Blog

Today was much like yesterday, except I had more energy. Since I had already seen everything I had wanted to in Paris (Eiffel Tower, Versailles, Montmartre), I let CS pick the agenda for the day. First stop: the Catacombs. I had heard about the place but I had no idea what it was. Apparently, it’s a massive network of underground tunnels beneath the streets of Paris that is filled with bones of workers that helped build Paris. That’s all I found out because we discovered it was closed on Mondays.

Then we tried to rent bikes and ride around Paris. That failed too because they only accept the European credit cards with the computer chips on the outside. We continued to walk.

We strolled past Napoleon’s tomb on our way to the Champs Elysees, but on the way, CS found an Andy Warhol exhibit. I decided to continue my stroll towards Paris’s famed avenue and told them I would meet them back in front of the museum in an hour. I wandered towards the Arc de Triumph and watched the masses of people pass by. The street is lined with a variety of stores and restaurants, all charging top dollar for their items.

I met back up with CS and we continued our stroll (we like to walk; I’m going to have some nice legs when I get back). We went past the Opera house and then made our way to the Louvre. On the way, we picked up a few drinks and enjoyed them at the edge of the famous pools and pyramids outside of the Louvre, watching the sunset, reminiscing about life and enjoying it. Once it was dark, we took the metro back to our hotel and packed up for our train the next afternoon. I was pretty excited to be leaving Paris (sorry for the lack of pictures lately, but I think my camera is going to be about 50/50 the rest of the trip).
Paris