EuropeFranceNice

Nice is Nice

Nice Travel Blog

Nice at night
Well well well where to begin. I was sitting downstairs last night in the lobby using my laptop and hoping to meet some people. There were about eight or so people in the room and I heard a few of them talking about the Guinness Brewery in Dublin. Bam, conversation starter. PJ, Ashley, and Alex are all from the US, PJ and Ashley from upstate New York and Alex from Texas. None of us having plans yet, we decided to make some and explore. After a quick visit to the grocery store next door to pick up some two Euro bottles of wine, we headed to the courtyard at the hostel and joined the frenzy of other backpackers. After we all did the get to know you exercises, we decided to head to Vieux Nice (old Nice) to see what it was like at night.

Having visited Nice a couple times prior to this trip, I had never experienced it at night.
Me posing in front of a waterfall
To my amazement, all the markets selling fruit, veggies, and flowers during the day turned into massive seating areas for the restaurants. Everything around me just looked and felt French. We simply walked around and basked in the warm moonlight and the aura of France that was being cast over the town. It was awesome.

After hanging out there for a while, we headed to the famous beach. Although not as crowded as it is during the day, there were still plenty of people, including a group of about 20 gypsy’s dancing around their drums. Very interesting.

Sorry for the lack of details and the short length of this, but Nice has just been a ton of fun and I’ve had trouble finding time to write. However, hopefully in the next entry, I have plenty of good stories, including a Kanye West siting, meeting people from Virginia, and the European Champions League final match.

Place de Jean-Medicin
Place de Jean-Medicin
Side streets of Nice
Side streets of Nice
Vieux Nice just after the market c…
Vieux Nice just after the market …
La plage