A Lazy Day

Paris Travel Blog

Finally, a day to sleep in. I don’t remember the last time it happened, but I happily awoke at 12:30pm. We began the day by grabbing a quick bite to eat at Quick, the French version of McDonalds. Needless to say, it was pretty disappointing and my stomach felt the same way about it.

Our plan for the day was to try to get everything organized for the rest of the trip. First stop: train station. We were able to get all of our train tickets for the next month from Paris to Brussels, Brussels to Arras, France, and back to Brussels, and finally from Brussels to Berlin. It only took about 15 minutes to get all of the tickets and it only cost us 42 Euro’s worth of reservations on top of our rail passes.

Then we walked, and walked, and walked some more. Fine by me, except everything was filthy and crowded. We strolled along the Seine towards the Latin Quarter to check it out during the day, then we headed to the Pompidou Art Center, which unfortunately was closed. Still feeling a bit sick and tired, I called it an early night. Sarah came back with me and we were able to book a few flights for the rest of the trip while Clark went to visit Montmartre with some friends that were in Paris that night. Pretty slow day, but I was ready to get out of Paris and had seen everything I had wanted to so I didn’t mind.
Paris