EuropeFranceMetz

Good Ole' Metz

Metz Travel Blog

This past weekend, I stayed in Metz with a couple of the other students. It was one of the best decisions I have made so far on the trip. I realize that everyone else is just here for a month and they want to travel and see as much as possible on the weekends. As mentioned before, I didn’t want to go back to Amsterdam or London and wine tasting didn’t appeal to me either. So I slept for about 25 or so hours total, did all my laundry, caught up on my blogs, and relaxed for the first time in nearly a month now.

I went out to get a kebab with one of the girls that stayed in Metz for dinner on Saturday and then went out for a drink Sunday night with a couple of the girls that went wine tasting and heard their stories. They went biking through the countryside and stayed in a nice hotel and purchased bottle upon bottle of wine to bring back to the US. I definitely don’t regret not going.

This week has been headlined by class so far. All day Monday and today. Yesterday (Monday), I went out to get gelato with some of the girls after dinner. Ever since I first tried pistachio flavored gelato, that’s all I get now. But this pistachio didn’t look like regular pistachio gelato. It is usually bright green with small chunks of the nut in it. This gelato was more of a tan color. After a few skeptical glances, I tried it, and sure enough, the best pistachio gelato I’ve ever had.

I only have two more nights left in Metz. My home away from home. I have become very comfortable here and feel like I’ve lived here for a couple of months now. I’m truly going to miss it. I leave for good Thursday night on an overnight train to Stuttgart, Germany, and don’t know when I’ll ever make it back. I’ll be back in backpacking mode and back to trekking the continent like I was before school started.
Metz