The sun comes out!

Porto Travel Blog

my new necklace!
I forgot to mention that it's been raining ALL WEEK. Great reason to hole up inside, drink lots of tea and just play online all day. But wow, the sun was a welcome change today, so we made the most of it even tho I'm still a bit weak. We went to downtown Porto to meet up with Vera and we had tapas and ended up at a book fair in the main square. We also went to a mall where I spent enough money that I probably won't go to Vienna after all =( I've been going back and forth about Vienna for the last two days, the price is a bit high, I'm not really getting too much communication from the one person I know there, the time in Vienna would be 2 measily days and I just like traveling with my friends a LOT more than traveling solo these days (in my old age I guess).

I had meant to just go and get an outfit or two for the hyper-elegant city but ended up with some nice (but super expensive) california-wear instead. I must be subconsciously missing LA because I bought them with walks on the beach in mind. =) I went a little crazy because I lost some weight being sick so everything looked nicer than usual!! But man.. the Euro is not my friend. And then the sandals! And then the purses! And jewelry! Why does Portugal have such beautiful things?! I had to swear to Irene that I never go shopping like this in LA, that this is strictly a travel-related occurrence! =) byebye Vienna, we'll see you next time, ok? I want to do a Vienna, Prague, Budapest trip anyway, and now I have some sweet friends in Budapest from my Turkey trip that I would love to do this 3 city trek with =)
At tapas place
At tapas place
on Irenes patio
on Irene's patio
at the Bookfair in Porto
at the Bookfair in Porto
coolest beanbag chairs ever!
coolest beanbag chairs ever!
Porto