my mom cracks me up...

Porto Travel Blog

So I write this email to my mom yesterday to tell her I won't be coming back to LA until June:

So I have some news, while I was here, I was wit hmy friend Vera, who is very active in her masters program and things going on in Portugal. She is participating in a program to go to Turkey for cultural exchange and representing Portugal. She is leaving on Sunday for 8 days. Yesterday, she got a phone call and 2 people from Lisbon dropped out so she invited me to take their place since it was such short notice!!! I get to go to Turkey for 8 days basically FOR FREE!! I am going to represent Portugal in Turkey with other EU representatives, how funny is that?? I sometimes think I'm the luckiest person in the whole world!

So unfortunately I won't be home right away. I am going to change my plane ticket today and let you know what day I come home ok, but it looks like about June 6th now, just wanted you to know!

I get an email from her that says this. No editing of her broken written english or anything:

as long as you know what you doing. just remind you all those country is far behind U.S.A. in all ways, and you don't have too much time to wast, clock is ti-king, try to settle down. don't you want your own family? time flys by so quickly' you have to have a plain and work on it. don't take too log to plane.OK?     love mommy

I COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING WHEN I READ HER EMAIL!!! I tell her I'm going to turkey. She tells me I need to listen to my biological clock. OH MOMS. Gotta love them no matter HOW CRAZY they are!!

nobaddays says:
Your mom is too it!
Posted on: Nov 12, 2009
jenn79 says:
kelly: AAAHHHAHAHA!! Unfortunately I'd have to be married first. Woulda been easier in CAR!
Posted on: May 24, 2009
kelleeoo says:
Make your Mom happy and come home from Turkey pregnant!
Posted on: May 23, 2009