EuropeFranceOrly

excerpt from the airport

Orly Travel Blog

I’m so lonely I think I could die. I’m at the airport on my way to Malta and I can’t find comfort in anything. I was totally chatting with Laura the last couple of hours via FB while waiting to check in. It's great because she just came back from the Congo and we were commiserating and sharing war scars and simultaneously hating on developed-world life. But it can’t abscond the fact that I miss everything about Bangui. Well.. almost everything. I could do without the torturous weather and bug situation, but I am desperately missing the laid-back lifestyle, the constant social interaction, the close encounters with disaster and the back and forth with Adel, and to some extent Ilona and Hicham. If there's anyone who can make me look REALLY GOOD because she's so ridiculous and insane, it's her. I miss things so very much I feel like my life is over and this pale and shiny airport terminal is the waiting room to oblivion.

Malta, I’m coming to see you. I hope you’re lovely because I could use some relief from all the ugliness that I’ve just seen in the world.

Big love. Jennifer