Un dia de pensamiento

Leca da Palmeira Travel Blog

5 currencies plus US dollars which I didn't put in with the bunch =)
My head is so full of different languages I feel like I'm having an identity crisis of sorts. While in Madrid, I kept saying Merci after perfect Spanish sentences, jeez!

Today is my rest day, the only one I have until I go home unless I decide to delay my departure a 3rd time. I'm torn, not sure what to do at all really. I've spent quite some time on Irene's rooftop the last 24 hours looking at the ocean mist in the morning, the twinkling lights of the power plant at night, asking them what in the world I should do. I'm tempted to feel lost but I'm fighting the urge because I have, as usual, lots of things on my plate.

Luckily I had a skype date with my best friend today. I haven't spoken to her in months, though she spent a wad calling me in Africa a couple of times. I have to say, day or night, life changing experience or mundane Monday morning, it is truly the best thing in the world chatting with her. =)

I'm so thankful for the last few months. I feel a lot wiser, I feel a ton changed, for better or for worse. The best part is that stuff that used to bother me, no longer goes, because life is bigger and wider and more amazing than I ever thought. And I feel like I understand more about how things work and how people think around the world than I ever thought possible. And I've made some new friends along the way =) It's been such a good rest I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm tempted to stay in Porto for just a wee bit longer! It's hard not to when you've got such amazing friends and Irene taking such good, good care of me! I'm soooo lucky I thank God every day!

So now for some statistics =) By the time I go home, I would have been on 14 flights and seen 7 countries, 4 of which are new (Turkey, Spain, Malta and Central African Republic). I will have flown on 5 airlines I've never flown before and been in 3 different continents due to the interesting geographic placement of Turkey. I have 6 different currencies in my wallet (found mexican pesos in my canvas bag while cleaning it out for the first time in 2 years!!), which is a wonder considering I've mostly been in Europe and I'm obviously counting the Euro once! Apparently I like to go to marginalized European countries... And I would have seen the inside of about 25 catholic churches and the outside of about 20 mosques. More statistics later as I come up with them! =)
5 currencies plus US dollars which…
5 currencies plus US dollars whic…
Leca da Palmeira