I'm hiding out at the Novotel

Paris Travel Blog

I forgot how beautiful Europe is in the summer. It's just about 10pm and the sun has barely set. I remember this happening in Geneva during the summer - the sun would set at 11pm and I thought it was the most extraordinary gift to have such lovely weather and some extra time to be outside and get things done. Too bad I refuse to leave the airport!

So instead of staying at the Comfort Hotel, which I've already paid for, I chickened out and went back to the Novotel which is at the Roissypole stop of the CDGVAL. It's just more convenient - and thank god because without Adel, I couldn't carry all my bags. I literally almost didn't make it. All my bag combined weigh more than I do and I have to figure out a way to get rid of some of the weight. Some of the weight is because I have about 5 lbs of printouts from the UNICEF Intranet for my feasibility study that I want to re-read and re-do and re-submit back to management.

Luckily, Novotel said that they would hold one of my bags for a week - thank the Lord - because the overweight fee for an extra bag of 20kilo is 250 euro!! Not that I can even manage to lug everything back and forth anyway! I'm very annoyed that airports no longer have lockers - it's the hugest inconvenience!

But man, I forget how well bits of France works. I made it to the Novotel in one piece because there were free cart-pushing things all over the place, every elevator I needed to use worked, and the only part I really struggled with was pulling everything down the hall from the entrance of the hotel to the reception area to check in. Urgh, 200 Euro down the drain. I can't even say it's well spent even though I'm totally holed up in the hotel and don't want to leave the airport.

I'm sad for sure though. I have the urge to go talk to Hyewon and tell her the latest crazy thing that has happened, I want to see Brigitte and make sure she is happy and has some support while she's here, I want to jump on Adel and make him carry me around and then get annoyed with him and ignore him for the rest of the day. I want to work on a cool project. It's so weird not having responsibilities for the first time in my life. So I'm depressed for sure.

*********

OMG it just hit me I'm going to be in Malta tomorrow! What the hell is IN malta!? It seems to be a lot of churches on a rocky island. Will I see those little yappy dogs all over the island?!?!  wtf?!? Oh I need a good night's sleep.
emmllerg says:
Enjoy the places Paris has to offer you
Posted on: Jun 02, 2013
jenn79 says:
I miss you too!! Been in Portugal for about 2 hours and it's already done wonders for my spirit! I might actually be heading to Lisbon for the weekend! What a trip this is turning out to be!! Wish you were here!!! No, wish I was there! waah!!!
Posted on: May 17, 2009