Munich Airport

Munich Travel Blog

These people must be spending some serious money on rent!!

I didn’t manage to get any sleep on the plane. I read the newspaper, ate the little sandwich that they gave us and looked out the window.  There was a peculiar guy sitting in next to me who seemed to need half of my space as well as his own to read his newspaper.  Come on guys!  A little consideration!!  Eventually he finished his newspaper.

Munich has a nice airport. It’s new and sleek and clean. There are also a number of little smoking cubicles sponsored by Camel (and an enormous one sponsored by Winston) for those so inclined.  They’re isolated, but you can smell the cigarette smoke anyway. There are also little stations with complimentary coffee and tea at all of the gate areas.

There are a surprisingly large number of people wearing surgical masks inside the Munich airport.

The swine flu epidemic is certainly making people nervous. Maybe 5% of the people are wearing such masks.  Are they effective?  I don’t think so. They probably make people feel better. I read that the most important thing to do in avoiding colds and the flu in general is to wash your hands!

The flight from Munich to Rome is with Lufthansa.  I am surprised that they only offer newspapers in Italian...  When I get to Rome I’ll have to wait for about two hours for the kids to arrive. I’m thinking about what to do, what they’ll enjoy, that we need to get up very early tomorrow to avoid a terrible line at the Vatican Museums (couldn’t get the tickets on line).

These people must be spending some…
These people must be spending som…
Munich