Morning in the Castiglione del Lago

Castiglione del Lago Travel Blog

It’s hard to believe our week here is about over; what a wonderful place this is! By the time I dragged myself out of bed at 10, Earl and Helen were already up and around. Helen played sous-chef to my breakfast chef while Linda washed out some clothes. Again, it was 11:45 when we got on the road. First priority was to stop at some bike shops for Earl to find a local bicycling club jersey. No luck. Next, we drove down by the lake to have a look around before going within the walls of Castiglione del Lago. Once in town, we visited the palace and the castle itself. What an experience! The frescos in the palace are absolutely superb and I’d taken a lot of pictures before we noticed the sign prohibiting photography. Oops! The castle itself was absolutely amazing. Linda's acrophobia inspired her to decline the visit to the walls. Helen, Earl and I climbed the walls and towers while Lin chilled out with a Coke light at the little café. I got some superb photos. Afterwards, we walked to a little gelateria on the main square and had some ice cream on their terrace overlooking the lake. For the first time in days, the weather was perfect!
Castiglione del Lago