Rain or Shine

Dublin Travel Blog

We had an action packed day full of stress (over the rental car) and fun (the guiness)!!

We began at the Kilmainham Gaol (Jail) at the far west end of Dublin City.  From there we walked about a mile to the Guinness Brewery which was very cool and included a complimentary bevrage.  At this point we were famished and stoped at a local pub for a burger, fries, and an "imported" bud light and coors light which cost us 4 euro About a nother mile away was Dublin Castle.  On our walk we saw several cathedrals including St. Patricks.  The inside of Dublin Castle was beautifully amazing!!  Quite extravagant.  From there we took the Ha'penny bridge to the north side of town to walk down O'Connell Street to see the GPO and shop.

All in all the weather was blustery but we spent about 12 hours out and about

Kate_Rach says:
Is it just me or does the Guinness taste better in Dublin... except at the brewery, where it was kinda gross. Stop getting the imports!!! Try the local yummy beer!
Posted on: May 15, 2009
fritz_e says:
Ah, memories - did much of the same on my trip to Ireland - that's a big Guiness they give you at the brewery.

On a weird side note, possibly the best hamburger I've ever eaten in my life was at a Mexican restaurant in Dublin.
Posted on: May 15, 2009