Summer in Saigon :)

Ho Chi Minh City Travel Blog

local lady in Phan Thiet

SO...after nearly two years in China, I decided it was time to pack up my life into two very heavy suitcases, and I left Shanghai looking for new adventures! Having no idea what to expect or how long I'd stay, I tried to do and see as much as I could! After two sleepless nights in a hostel I found a great shared apartment in district one close to everything and with great roommates from all over the world! My first week I met the wonderful Dung from travel buddy (aka. Yum Yum because Dung was just too hard for me to grasp haha such a fun and friendly girl to travel with! i miss you already yum!) and we took a tour bus across southern vietnam with a group of local photographs and their wives. We drove all night and watched the sunrise on the sand dunes in Phan Thiet, took photos of the beach in Mui Ne, visited a pagoda and beach in beautiful Nha Trang, shared a bottle of wine in the chilly night air of Dalat, and ended the trip in Buon Ma Thuot at a gorgeous waterfall! After four days, five cities, no sleep, ALOT of driving, and a ton of vietnamese food.

Mui Ne
..i fell in love with Vietnam! It was such a great experience! My last weekend in Veitnam myself and two of my roommates took a day trip to the Cai Be floating market in the Mekong Delta. We saw how coconut candy and rice popcorn were made, and sipped on tea and honey at a local shop. We took small boats through the Vinh Long canals and had lunch by the river, enjoying traditional vietnamese music.  Great way to spend a sunday afternoon! The rest of the summer I spent in Saigon hanging out with awesome friends, riding acround on scooters, visiting the war museum and turtle pagoda, and enjoy the gorgeous blue skies from my rooftop balcony!! I will always remember my summer in Vietnam and will definitely be back again because there's just so much more to see! I arrived in Shanghai again last night and it feels good to be back....the next question is, where to next??!? :)

peace&hugs

local kids on our way to Dalat
local kids on our way to Dalat
pit stop to Dalat, BEAUTIFUL:)
pit stop to Dalat, BEAUTIFUL:)
Falls at Buon Ma Thiet