Ali's Summary of Spain

Malaga Travel Blog

Spain was a lot different from anywhere else than I have ever been. The weather was nothing like you would think it would be. It was not humid like Mexico but instead it was really comfortable around 80° every day and even a little breezy once and a while.  Only one day out of the four days we were there was it windy or cloudy.  The salt water wasn’t as warm as I thought it would be considering we were on the coast of the Mediterranean but it was still a beautiful sight to see.

Our hotel is known to be an English vacation spot and that’s exactly how it felt.  At the pool and on the beach, the majority of the people were older English people who didn’t believe in sun block or bikini tops.

I’ve have never seen so many hibiscus flowers in one area as I did at the hotel. There was a variety of different colors including purple, pink, red, and orange.  Not only were the colors spectacular, but everywhere we went it smelled wonderful, especially around the grounds of the Alhambra.  Tropical, honeysuckle type smell, even Dad mentioned something about how nice every smelled.

In Granada the Alhambra was one of the most amazing sights I have ever seen. Not only were the sights beautifully laid out, but the fact that it has stood in all its elegance since the 13thcentury made it even more impressive.

Although our flamenco dancing adventure didn’t work as we thought it would, just being able to see caves with an actual business running in it was something to see.

The downtown nightlife in Granada was definitely the most fun part of Spain for me. Everyone is very lively and they really know how to have a good time even if it is just walking around people-watching (as Christy would call it.)

photo by: missmzungu