Saturday in the City and the Main Meet up

San Francisco Travel Blog

Uuuugh, both Brett and I were a little tired after the night before.  We had a long day and then wine, beer, more beer, and then a little more wine...yeah, it was a rough morning! LOL.

We got up and headed to the embassy to pick up my Visa which went surprisingly smooth (thank heaven they are open the first Saturday of the month since we didn't make it in time on Friday).  After that, we decided it was time for some food, a little shopping, and then rest up for the main meet up which started early - dinner was at 5:30pm.

We stopped at Sear's Fine Food for their world famous Swedish pancakes and then did a little shopping at Borders, Crate and Barrel, and then headed back to the room to nap and get ready.

Surprisingly, we arrived to dinner only about 5 minutes late!  Sweet!  The Elephant and Castle pub was rather cool - lots of interesting food options and we quickly learned our eyes were definitely bigger than our stomachs!  We split a customized sampler platter - fish bites, chicken kabobs, and sweet potato fries.

We also ordered a chicken curry as well - everything was awesome!

After dinner, we retired down to the bar area downstairs which we had all to ourselves.  It was awesome to catch up with familiar friends and TBs as well as meeting some new ones.  What an amazing group assembled there and I am really happy I was able to be a part of it!  Of course, some fun antics ensued at the bar and then it was off to our regular hang out...Lefty's again! LOL.

The crew dwindled by the time we got to Lefty's but it was the die hards left that uh, well, closed the bar down yet again!  RJ was hilarious - a little tipsy (lol) and his examination of the Chex Mix will forever be engrained in my mind!  Sal started round two of the Tabasco sauce that Adrian started the night before.

I got some great video footage of the guys singing throughout the piano bar which I can't wait to get posted, especially as RJ examines his Chex Mix for almost 60 seconds! HAHAHA

We said our goodbyes and headed off to our respective rooms after 2am and I think it was around 4am when Brett and I fell asleep.  Had to get a couple hours of zzz's before meeting the guys again at Lefty's for bloody mary time at noon! :D

Hummingbird says:
So many cameras. So many clowns! :D
Posted on: May 06, 2009
jenn79 says:
aww! RJ, sal, adrianne, even roger?! SO AWESOME!
Posted on: May 06, 2009