My first written blog!!! :P --> PARIS!!! :D

Paris Travel Blog

Well i had the crazy idea of writing an actual blog. Normally this is nothing for me, i don’t have enought inspiration to write a blog only to write long comment or emails :P But here i go…..

My journey to Paris started on Saturday 25th of April… i went with the Thalys(i don’t have my drivers license yet:P) and i’ve never travelled with the Thalys before so i wanted to experience it :P. I didn’t go alone on the trip(i don’t like to travel alone) i was with somebody else to accompany me :D It is four hours with the Thalys and it was a struggle to find our hotel, no first of all it was a struggle to find the right ticket centre to get a pass for 5 days unlimited travelling trough Paris :@ But whe finally arrived at our hotel, and we sa won our way to the hotel that there was a big shopping centre so we went to the mall and had diner there.
Jardin des Plantes
That night we planned what we wanted to see the next... Well decided that we will start at the Jardin des Plantes and then of to the Notre Dame, Louvre, Arc de Triomphe etc. We did all of that, but we miss calculated how much miles or kilometers it is from each other!!!! OMG!!!!! We walked so much, that our feat really really began to hurt!!!

So our journey started at Gare du Nord and we began to walk to Jardin des Plantes(see my photos of jardin des plantes). It is a public garden like Central Park or Vondelpark, you see a lot of people jogging and running etc. So we walked trough the park and decided that we wanted to see the Notre Dame. Again we misjudged how long it takes for you to be there!! But whe finally arrived there. Unfortunately it was Sunday, so lots of other toerist who want to see the Notre Dame from the out and inside.
Notre Dame
So we decided that whe will go inside tomorrow because their won’t be so much people wanting to the Notre Dame as on Sunday. Then we decided that the Louvre didn’t looked to far away on the map and we walked to the Louvre, again we misjudged how long it takes for you to arrive there :P WAUWWW!!!! I’ve never seen such a beautiful thing as the Louvre. It’s so magical you can feel it’s history. There where such long waitinglines that we decided that we will go inside on Monday. The outside was great how would the inside look like?!! By the Louvre you have a sort of public garden and at the of that public garden you have place de la revolution/concorde. The place where they beheaded Louis XVI.

Our next goal was the Arc de Triomphe… Ow boy you can better ride Des Champs Elysees by bike,scooter,motor or car than walk!! OMG it’s soooooo long!!! But all the time you see you goal: The Arc de Triomphe!! We already decided that we wanted to go up.
Notre Dame
.. ohh boy i thought it had a few steps, but i think it was more then 100!!! But the view was the hurt and the many steps worth it :D I really recomment it to every one!!

We saw the Eiffeltower now, and we really wanted to it that day so a stupid as we where, we walked to Eiffeltower and where dissapointed by what we saw..:( I thought it was grey but it is an old, Brown, steel thingy something!! My friend thought it would stand on square not in a park.... but whe have seen the Eiffeltower now and nobody can take away that memory! :D Whe didn’t go upstairs because of the long watinglines and we where dissappointed by the looks of the Eiffeltower L

The next day we decided that we wanted to go inside the Notre Dame, Saint-Chapelle and Louvre. Wauw the Notre Dame is even more beautifuller inside then it already is from the outside!!! All kinds of beautiful paintings on the ceiling, stained glass and statues.
Notre Dame
It’s free to go inside, but remember that 200 other people want to go inside too :P

After the Notre Dame we went to the Saint-Chapelle, after waiting for 15-30 min. in the long waiting line, you got checked bij some guards if you do’t have anything on you. Then you have to paid some Euro’s to get inside.... it was a little bit disappointed what we saw. It was a chapel with stained glass, beautiful paintings on the ceiling only the Notre Dame was better. After that disappointment we went to the Louvre. When we wanted to buy a ticket i saw a sign wich said that people between 18-25 years and from EU could go inside for free. So i asked what that meant and we got free tickets for the Louvre!! Who thought of that!!! Well i really recomment the Louvre to everyone!! It’s so beautiful and so big!! You could spent a day in the Louvre :D But don’t go only for the Mona Lisa, you can see the painting from several meters and a lot of people are standing next or in front of you take the same picture as you L

For the next few days we just walked trough Paris and shopped a little bit :P And here stops my inspiration to wright my blog further, it got longer then i thought.
Notre Dame
Paris was a lovely and beautiful city, i’m happy i’ve been there :D

emmllerg says:
Enjoy the places Paris has to offer you
Posted on: Jun 02, 2013
jaykay1975 says:
Hoi, leuke uitgebreide blog.. en ook hele mooie foto's.
Die van Jardin des Plantes is top.. Greetz!!!
Posted on: Aug 26, 2009
Dr_Seuss says:
Great first blog.

Hopefully your judgement of distances on a map improves :-)
Posted on: Jul 05, 2009