Leaving Makkah

Makkah Travel Blog

The Jabbal Rahmah

The day came when we had to bid farewell to Makkah, the home of the Kaabah. It was so sad and as we packed, we felt lumps in our throats...we were happy to go home to our families but sad thinking we might not come this way again.

We did our last farewell Tawaf in the afternoon - it was sad and we did not look back after saying our farewell to the Kaabah. Our things, including cartons of Zamzam, kilos of dates, robes and tasbihs, all ready and packed, we took the coach to the Jeddah airport for our flight back.  Unfortunately with all the normal commotions that come with being in an airport, my dad lost a whole collection of old Makkah posters given by our uncle - It was special and we had wanted to frame them in KL.  Luckily, that was the only unfortunate incident in our 14 day trip.

We came home, happy to see our families and with renewed goals to become better in every way and with hope that God blessed our trip to the Holy land.....

nanie05 says:
Thanks Alex. I'm glad the review gave you a rough picture of what its like. They are beautiful cities steeped in history...
Posted on: Jun 20, 2009
alexchan says:
Thanks for beautiful insight into Makkah & Madinah, because as non-Muslim I cannot get to go. Terima kasih and shukran.
Posted on: Jun 20, 2009
nanie05 says:
Hi Dana!
You're a Muslim too? Alhamdulilah! Yes I pray that soon you'll get the chance to go too - you'll feel so at peace, its just about you and God over there! (..haha.. look at me speaking like as if I'm such a good Muslim! I wish I could be better - have more kindness, patience, tolerance and strength to do what Allah wants me to do...sigh..I wish!)
Posted on: May 07, 2009