Day 2 of temples

Siem Reap Travel Blog

On day 2 we headed out to explore more of the hundreds of temples.  In the morning we headed to some beautiful temples that have trees growing over the walls which makes for a pretty cool picture.  You can spend weeks in this place and never get to see all of it, but at the same time, by the end of the day things were starting to become a blur as well.  But in the afternoon of day two we saw my favorite temple of the trip.  Couldn't tell you a name, but it has a copious amount of faces carved into the stone temples.  It makes for an eerie sort of vibe, but they are amazing.  Hopefully the pictures show it better than I describe it.  The only regret is that I didn't buy a pen drawing from one of the artists up there.

Luckily I have 20 postcards from the persistent children that show the temple quite clearly.  That afternoon once back at the hotel we decided to wander around for a while.  It was during this time we stumbled across the Angkor Market.  Here we found some delicious BBQ chips and Mountain Dew (something I've been missing for 27 months).  But we also found a new creation I'd never heard of, Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.  It's amazing the advances the world makes while you're away, and it was gross.  Then later that night we went out to a nice dinner at a facy restaurant that had traditional Cambodian/Khmer dancing.  The buffet was actually delicious and the dancing was entertaining.  The Angkor beer was quite delectable as well but sadly we were too full to try the Angkor Stout.  I keep telling myself it was gross but I'm sure it was great.

Siem Reap