Buffalo Bill's

Whistler Travel Blog

A little love for the bus.
There wasn't any wild west going on with this Buffalo Bill.

Let me start off by saying that I was very stand offish about going to Whistler. Once again just like Vancouver I was here years ago to see Death By Stereo. During the show 3 drunk fans fell on me which made me topple onto the stage breaking leg. While trying to get myself back up I had put my hands against nails on the stage. This girl standing next to me had blood all over her nose and mouth and was trying to help me at the same time. I was like no no no don't touch me! I ended up being carried out of the venue by the singer. It was snowing out and he slipped in black ice. Then I was wheeled back to my hotel on a dolly. Was told that I couldn't get treatment in Canada and had to hall ass back to the states.
English Beat
My toes had turned black and blue by then. I stopped off in the middle of nowhere at the closest hospital which they were sure at first that I was on drugs or drunk because how could somebody just fall. I said well lets see what happens to you when you can't see the people behind you and you're all the way in front.

So this is why I was sour to go back. Especially seeing all the places that I had seen before. Don't get me wrong I think Whistler is a gorgeous place. It looks like it's straight out of Pinocchio. I feel like I'm at Disneyland. Almost every southern California girl loves and has a pass to Disneyland. The stone streets are always filled with happy families spending their days shopping. I am a girl that is always gone on tour and when I'm home (which is rare) I prefer to go grocery shopping and stay at home.
English Beat - "The Love You Give"
To stumble across their little grocery store just thrilled me. Shopping list: milk, Kit Kats, medicine for a stuffy nose.

Since this is a bar and restaurant with a stage and and small dance floor they obviously never thought about supplying a decent merch area. They had small platforms all around the room. Sorta like levels and tables and each level had a little standing area. It was definitely a strange set up. I had made friends with one young man that worked there who was so very kind. I appreciate things like that because I deal with a lot of jerks at venues. People were coming in to buy tickets and he told me to send them over to him.

My boss told me to set up right next to the side of the stage. Where I would be able to see the show. He knows I love that.
The crowd having fun!
Sometimes I don't even get to see the show. Let alone get a good spot. They had asked if I wanted to set up near the coat check where the doors were. It was cold out and from past experience I know what it's like to set up near the front door when there's snow outside. That was a no go and the display ended up getting tacked to a speaker and the venue took out a staple gun and let us staple up the pole.

The crowd were so awesome! They loved every second of the show. People were dancing infront of my merch stand. It was a funny sight. Grown men dancing like there was no tomorrow. Everyone was so happy with smiles on their faces. That happens every night but like I said I'm usually in a strange spot in the room so I get to hear peoples stories past and present on how great The English Beat are.
Ray
But being able to see the crowd from the view that the band gets was a different sight. Wonderful.

The venue doesn't have one girl working. It was kind of nice to be a lady and a bunch of young men workin the place. This guy with long hair. Probably about my age comes up to propostion me to make out with him. He asked when the last time I kissed someone was. I just laughed. He said you're cute and I'm cute. I said you need to go to home and go to sleep. He then told me that I would regret it. I said I'm sure... and then shrugged. I then went and thanked the kind young man that worked at the venue.

I headed back to the bus to get a shower. Only to find that the water had run out. I stomped back to the venue and told Dave that the water was out. Brushed my teeth and was ready to call it a night. Dave asked if I wanted to get pizza. That teeth brushin had to be damaged because I'm not one that turns down pizza. Only problem is we get in there and they said don't worry we're making more pizza. But only with meat. They only had 2 slices of pizza with potatoe on it left. Which had ranch dressing sprayed on it. It was odd but it was food.

We stayed parked behind the venue for the night because we had the next day off. We were able to be sluggish. Ended up spending the day shopping at Walmart. Getting new plates, trash cans, sheets and other fun things to make the bus more comfy.
English Beat - The Love You Give
English Beat - "The Love You Give"
Whistler