Final day - The Sun came out for at least 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!

San Francisco Travel Blog

Waking on Monday morning, and now being down to just me I considered my options of what to do and see for my final day in the city. I decided I was determined to see the Golden Gate bridge and so headed off on the cable car down to the piers, but the bridge was still hiding from me. I decided I'd have a look at some of the bus tours and see if any of them offered me a chance to see parts I hadn't yet visited, and then ... amazingly, the sun came out and I spotted the bridge! Hot footing it back to the piers and the ferries I jumped aboard a ferry that was just about to leave and settled down to my cruise around the bay... and the bridge hid back behind it's cloak of fog! Balls!!!
We headed on towards the bridge, with the bridge giving tantalising glimpses of itself to us; as we got to the bridge it slowly unveiled itself and I finally got a view of it and got some good photos of the bridge and the fog.
Sailing under the bridge, the ferry turned around and we headed back past Alcatraz and back to land.
Disembarking I decided to take the tram down to the Ferry Building and get a burger from a place that a colleague had recommended to me, my effort was rewarded, it was a great burger! :D

I then jumped onto the #21 bus and crossed town to Alamo Square to see the Painted Ladies, they were pretty cool and the views over the city skyline mightly impressive. From here I headed deeper in to Haight and got to the Haight/ Ashbury junction, gazing at all the impressive houses on the way. I liked this district, it made me smile for no apparent reason. It felt like a really nice (if not very expensive) place to live and be in. I sauntered down Haight Street, jumped back onto the bus and headed back into Downtown and saw the City Hall and all the fantastic architecure in this area.

Finally I got back to the hostel, grabbed my bags and took the BART back to SFO airport ready for my flight back to Blighty; grinning at the memories of a fantastic weekend - I may not have seen everything I'd wanted, and done all I'd have liked due to the weather but I'd met some AMAZING people and that made the weekend better than I could have hoped for!
Me