Off to Lisboa

Madrid Travel Blog

We woke up early in order to get to the train station on time, well I did anyways Vlad couldn't sleep at all, so he was up all night.  I probably got about four hours of sleep.  So we "woke up" at 5 AM so that we could take a shower, eat breakfast and be at the bus station on time.  We were looking around for the ticketing booth in the main hallway, only to be told that the ticketing booth was off to the side in a different wing of the bus terminal.  We speak with the lady behind the ticketing booth and she didn't look too happy as she printed out our tickets.  Vlad told me later that we were at the wrong bus station EstaciĆ³n Sur de AutobusesAddress: instead of Full-screenIntercambiador De Transporte Avenida De America, but she hooked us up with tickets for a later departure.

We had an hour and a half to kill before the bus arrived, so I got myself a coffee and we sat and waited for the bus.  As the bus rolled into the station, we didn't think we had the right bus, because this bus was first class.  But sure enough, we were on a first class bus to Lisboa, Portugal.  I probably got a total of 2 hours of sleep on the 8 hour ride over.  The scenery was just too beautiful to sleep through.  We passed abandoned castles, castles that were kept current, and plenty of hills.  All of the pictures in this half of the day are from the bus as we passed cool stuff in the Spainish leg of the tour.
Madrid