R&R in Qatar

Doha Travel Blog

Well I got to take a four day pass in Qatar and was able to see a lot of the country. After being stuck in Iraq for a year with three more months to go I needed a break.  We were only allowed to take trips to certain places and not allowed to go out on our own.

First me and a bunch of other people were taken to a small park and had a meal made of traditional Qatari food, we were allowed to swim out in this beautiful secluded area with a nice beach and perfect blue water.  The water was salty then most of the oceasn I had been in and had a great time alogn with a little sunburn

For the second trip I took we went on a boat from Doha at night out into the water near where they are bulding the Pearl (The newewst man made island  in the Persian Gulf)  It was cool to see Doha at night becasue of all the huge buildings under construction.

The Third trip was pretty much the same only we went hetskiing and participated in other water sports out in the persian gulf within sight of the megatowers of Doha.

Overall not a bad place, a very interesting clash of traditional Muslim values fighting traditional Western style values.  Some people go full Burkah, otehrs females just weart normal everyday clothes.  It is a place where everything seems to be under construction as the economy in Qatrar can only get better.