Oslo Travel Blog

Tallinn, Helsinki, Oslo

After i had pretty much seen all that Tallinn had to offer I decided to hop over to Helsinki, finland for the day.  I wnet to buy the cheapest ticket they had, but then ended up with a ticket and breakfast and dinner buffet on the ship for 40 bucks...i was figuring it was going to be normal ferry food like on the greek ferries.  I was wrong.  the dinner buffet was awsome...caviar, smoked salmon, prime rib, beer, fine cheeses...i ate more than 40 bucks worth of food for sure.

IT was my second time in Helsinki, so i spent the day woondering around the harobr area, and reading in cafe's...i got the tail end of a jazz band playing outdoors...  I also finished my 15th book of the trip.  In the last two weeks, i'b ebeen reading almost nonstop.  anyways the next day i flew late night to Oslo.  I arrived at midnight, and took the 1 hour bus into town, then proceeded to get lost for about an hour, trying to walk to the hostel, so i didnt have to spring for a cab.  eventually i found it...not a bad place, and much better than the one in tallinn , which was the worst hostel i've stayed in.

I did alot of walking eysterday...checked out the fort in the harbor, and took a boat ride to one of the islands in the fjord.  today i've been just relaxing.  Oslo is way to expensive to do much else.  I spend15 bucks on bread peanut butter and juice at the grocery store, compared to the 2 bucks it cost me in latvia.

toammrow for my birthdya i fly to copenhagen...another birithday in another foreign country.

photo by: sarahsan