Rome-Stockholm- Vilnius Lithuania

Stockholm Travel Blog

So i caught an early flight from larnaca to athens, and had all day to spend at the airport.  I bout a book, enjoyed a nescafe frappe.  I then caught a flight to rome.  It was good to be back ina familiar city.  I ended up have some beers with the normal hostel crowd.  the next day I spend wondering around rome.  I hit all the was a good day.  I walked frist down by my old flat on via covour...and just liek i remember there was a protest occuring on the street.  I followed it down to the end of via cavour...and there it was the coloseum, but unlike i had ever seen it.  Becasue of the protest the street was shut down, so i stood in the middle of the massive avenue and snapped a few shots.  i grabbed a few panninis and ate them in front of the Pantheon...ventured through piazza navona up to the vatican.  Later in the evening i had a nice meal of spagetti all amatriciana, and veal marsala.  with a gelato for desert.

The next morning i flew to Stolkholm on ryanair.  Flight cost me a total of 25 euros.   THe airport skavsta, while marketed as stolkholm, was about an hour and a half bus ride away.  ON the ridein the coach company was doing some market research, i filled out the survey, and they drew two of the surveys, as winners of the prize.  Mine was one of the winners, and for it i recieved a 24 hour stokholm card, vailid for transport and all the major sites...which i milked and ended up getting two days out of it.  and saved around 200 bucks with it.

The hostel in stolkholm was pretty amazing, it had free internet, free gourmet coffee, free pasta, current newspapers and magazines, high tech key pad locks on all the dorms.  and it was right center of town.   Stokholm itself is a very beautiful city.  Anyone interested in design and archetecture would be kept very busy there.   The city is clean , and has just a crisp beauty i have not seen in many other cities.  It is also made up of 14 islands, and thus has a lot of waterways, and huge parks, and greenlands.

I got by with seeing every thing and not breakingmy budget, and i caught a ryan air flithg the next day to Kaunaus, Lithuania,which again only cost me 13 USD.  In lithuania after have a  lengthy discussion with the border guard about wherther i had to purchase lithuanian issurance or not, I ended up in the end purchasing it, or they werent going to let me in...

I caught a train to Vilnius the capital.  Ity is very goodo to be in a cheap country again.  I went on my first night otu to an authentic restaurant, for an appatizer i had a bar snack sampler, which included smoked ears, smoked chicken livers, pickled hearing, and some other kind of battered balls of meat.  Not to back a little intersting. for themaincourse i had the traditional Zepplin shaped fist sized potatoe dumplings stuffed with mince meat ina mushroom sauce, very goood.

I walked around the next day a bit and then when tot the grocery store, and decided to cook formy fist time on the trip since i was in romania.  I made a nice steak, with tomatoes, and had some fresh bread, and juice, and cheese, with some nice peach pastries for desert...all for about 5 bucks.  tomarrow i'm off to Riga, Latvia for a couple nights....and thejourney continues.

6:21 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove