Trip to Rishikesh

Rishikesh Travel Blog

Beautiful ganges flows down the city, with two beautiful bridges on top of it. namely Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula, I could see fishes from the bridge, eagerly waiting for fish food to be thrown down from the bridges by pilgrims. such is the clarity of water.

I was rather surprised to see the number of foriegners in the area, although Rishikesh is a prominent pilgrim place for Hindus, so i was expecting lot of pilgrims but to my surprise i could find stunning number of foreign tourists and it was a pleasant surprise. But sooner I realised that Rishikesh has been popular as yoga and meditation centre in past some years, and I could find many institutes also. Lots of adventure sports activity taking place in Rishikesh specially white water rafting, trekking to himalayan ranges. Almost all popular treks begin from Rishikesh.

On the way, I met a trekking guide and he took me to KVNM (KUmaon Vikas Nigam Mandal) office, and I collected some upcoming treks information. Hopefully in summer I will be writing a trip report for any of these trek.

I didnt had much time to spend there but i had my camera with me (which is always with me during any trip) so i could manage some shots for you all guys..