Week 7: Oct 26-Nov 1, 2008

Tracy Travel Blog

my Halloween costume

Do I even need to say it?  More excavating and sampling.  However, a fun American holiday fell this week – Halloween!  I’ve been preparing for the past week by buying delicious Frankenstein sugar cookies at the bakery in town (and eating them of course!).  I was wondering what I should be for Halloween, because I like dressing up but I also have to work, so my fairy costume from last year wouldn’t work out here.  I thought Maybe I’d just draw a mustache on my face.  The guy I mentioned this to said, why not a beard too?  Hey, why not a goatee and you can go as one of the operators!  Hmm…not a bad idea I thought.  Wouldn’t that be funny!

So that night I went to the store and bought some pants, a sweatshirt and eye liner for my costume.
twins
  I â€śborrowed” one of his hats.  He he he.  The next morning, I put on my operator clothes and drew a goatee and dark eyebrows on my face.  I tucked my hair up into the cap and went to work.  My cohort in this operation has planned to distract people until I walked in and then take photos of the surprised faces.  I walked in and called out this operator’s common morning greeting and stood watching the surprise register on everyone’s face.  At first it was silence and then almost at once everyone burst out laughing.  The guy I dressed up as was completely surprised.  The guys all laughed at me all day – they couldn’t keep a straight face when talking to a girl with a beard.  Ha ha!  It was so funny.
working at sunset