Week 2: Sept 21-27, 2008

Tracy Travel Blog

little waterfall

The contractors dig up the battery chips and contaminated soil with a backhoe while I shoot the soil with an XRF to determine the metal content of the soils to see if it is clean or dirty.  I also have a lot of paperwork to do.  This is a new job so all this paperwork is new for me and I’m not good at paperwork.  I’d rather be outside.  But I try and make lots of mistakes and need to do it again, but eventually I’ll get the hang of it.

On this week’s day off I headed to nearby Camden State Park.  I do the hiking club trail in the Minnesota State Parks where one trail in each park has a password along it.  You collect passwords and log your miles and get little badges for so many miles walked.  This trip I did the hiking club trail, which was up on the bluffs along the edge of the prairie.  I’m not a huge fan of the prairie since I prefer trees, but I’ll definitely come back at check out some other trails in the park next time.  You can see more photos from the original entry Slippery when wet which combines two visits.

view from overlook