Week 11: Apr 26-May 2, 2009

Tracy Travel Blog

lots of smoke

Not much going on this week.  It rained and was cold all of Sunday.  I wasn’t used to working such long hours so I stayed in my hotel room and relaxed all day.  I watched a little tv and read.  I got some bad news about a death in the family, so I started making arrangements to come home for the funeral.  I would have to miss a couple days of work, since it about a 7 hour drive.

We got our porta potties cleaned on Tuesday and I used them shortly after.  I was surprised by how good they smelled, lemony fresh.  When I walked back into the office trailer I announced, “the porta john smells delicious!”  Then I noticed everyone in the trailer was on the phone.  Whoops - hope no one heard that!

On the way home one night I noticed a huge plume of smoke billowing up behind some farms.  It got larger as I got closer.  It looked almost out of control.  When I got to the corner, I noticed a fire truck parked.  It was a few miles away from the fire so I decided it was a controlled burn and the truck was for back up.
hope its a controlled burn