Story of My Life

Manila Travel Blog

My journey began the night before my flight to Singapore.

I was at a net station, furiously typing my resignation letter while chatting with some friends. I'm sure I did more of the latter, but I managed to finish the letter and handed it to my supervisor before finally saying goodbye to the job I've held in more than 3 years. Time to move on.

Moving on means hurrying back home to make it to the 6.30AM bus that would take me to Clark, Pampanga where my flight would originate from. I had less than an hour to pack my stuff, shower, check myself in the mirror to make sure I still look good after a sleepless night, and daydreaming. Then, I went to get a taxi to the pick-up place for the bus, and that took me forever. By the time I was on my way, my friend Ron told me that I was the only one the bus was waiting for.

Just 5 minutes before I reached the place, the bus left. All the cold sweat and daydreaming cut short were for nothing. On the bright side of things, Ron was told by the bus driver that there would be another one after 30 minutes which would enable me to make the 10AM flight, and when I got the news, I relieved myself. I mean, I felt relief... yeah.

The second bus finally arrived on time, but a few passengers had to buy some food and we waited for them for 15 minutes. Then, we moved on a snail's pace through heavy traffic (on a Saturday morning, ffs!), finally reaching the outskirts of the city after almost an hour. Then, another 1.5 hours to reach Clark. It was the most stressful trip of my life. But then again, I always beat my own record when it comes to missing or narrowly missing flights (and this time, bus trip), so no surprise there.

Did I make it on time to the airport? Hmmm...

6,969 km (4,330 miles) traveled