Welcome to Managua

Managua Travel Blog

I flew into Managua, Nicaragua at 8:01 pm after a day of flying.  I was not tired at all though, if anything I was energized. I am flying into a different country that to be honest I don't know a lot about.

Customs took a long time and when it was finely my turn it only took me about 2 minutes to get through. After customs I wondered into baggage claim to feel like I have just walked into a zoo and I was one of the animals on display. There are people all around, not inside the building however but looking through the glass in on us. I can’t even see the outside because there are too many people pushing themselves on the glass. How am I ever going to be able to find my friend in this chaos?!?!  Out of nowhere I see a hand, lighter than the rest, waving frantically and as my eyes focus on the body the hand is connected to I realize that it is Jenni… Thank God!

Once I got outside the heat and humanity hit me like a brick wall and completely take me breath away. I stumble through the masses and out of nowhere Jenni ran up to me with a welcoming hug. She introduced me to her new boyfriend Juan Carlos, and about 6 or so other people.

From the airport we went straight to a salsa bar and danced, drank, and partied the "Nica" way the rest of the night. What a great first night in Central America!!

OHH and I forgot to mention... beer is only 60 cents here, I think I am going to like this place!

Real_PeaceWarrior says:
60 cents, looks like we'll all like this place!
Posted on: Jul 02, 2009