Accro de salsa

Paris Travel Blog

Forced to pose in front of the Louvre
It was about 12...or maybe even 1 pm? Whatever, it was already high noon when we finally managed to crawl out of our beds. I was damn happy to have had at least a shower after our return, because even hours later I looked terribly beat :-) And there were only three hours left till the next party should begin - the weekly highlight of the Paris salsa scene: The sunday afternoon party at the Barrio Latino. A friend of mine had enthused about it all the evening before which finally had made me curious.

But first we had some breakfast and went out to get some more or less fresh air. At last, we took the metro to the Louvre and from there we walked along the line through the Tuileries to the Arc de Triomphe. At the Tuileries I was first amused to see that as usual, the only concession stand there was full of people.
Later I should learn that this was a stand of "Paul", the most popular chain of boulangeries in Paris. Indeed, during the next days I didn't see even one store without a queue reaching out onto the street. As I'm a terribly impatient person I never had the will to wait so long to be served so I can't say whether this popularity is justifiable.

During our walk along the Chausse Elysee I felt more and more like a wallflower. A shitty feeling I also always have in Cracow. Because it seems as if this is the place where all the fashionistas present their new outfits. And inbetween me with a crumpled shirt, 5 year old baggy jeans and shabby sneakers - I was so ashamed of my appereance! But it wouldn't help. Luckily we had to leave anyway pretty soon to get to the Barrio in time.

The Barrio
First to say: I didn't see these amazing dancers which should rule the dancefloor after a while, as I was told. Admittedly, the dancers there were anything but bad. But there was nobody sweeping me off the feet. Ok, maybe it was because of the lack of space, 'cause it got pretty full in a pretty short time - totally different to the former evening. Nevertheless, this party was also marvellous and I was really angry that at the end I had to say no when one guy after another asked for a dance - but I just wasn't able to do a step any more. What a luck that we were there by scooter! So at least I didn't have to walk more than 50 metres to get home and fall down on the sofe instantly :-)
Forced to pose in front of the Lou…
Forced to pose in front of the Lo…
Paris Nightlife & Entertainment review
The puertorican salsa temple in Paris
For a puertorican salsa dancer staying in Paris the Barrio Latino is definitely a must. Every Sunday afternoon from 4pm to 7:30 pm the best party of w… read entire review
Paris