Cruising the Galapagos Islands

Galapagos Islands Travel Blog

Finally, after a very long awaited trip from last year, everything turns out perfectly right. Not knowing what to expect during the volcanic eruptions, presidential elections during our visit, and swine flu emerging from nowhere was a perfect combination to make our trip perfectly memorable.

This was  the first time i have travelled using the Celebrity Cruise (Expedition), and at the same time was the first visit of my best friend to South America(Ecuador) and also his first cruise.

From the time that we left San Francisco airport and our arrival to Quito to meet the rest of the travellers, as what to be expected, we are the youngest ones among the group. We are even frequently asked if we are part of the crew, I don't know if it is because of our age or race! hehhehe, anyways i am so used to it!

We need to take a domestic flight from Quito to Guayaquil(for refueling) then to the Galapagos Islands through TAME airlines which is pretty much contracted by the cruise line.

As we approach the Celebrity Xpedition, we need to take a small boat to reach the cruise line. Whew! I already saw three wild lifes even before we reached the ship! As what the previously blog has entered, the welcoming committee was the sea lion with the marine iguana trying to cross the street, and the famous blue footed boobies near the shoreline! I guess the best is yet to come!

The clear blue water of the ocean was quite an amazing thing to witness with all the fishes, and it's prey, preying on them. It is like an open zoo where you can approach the animals, and the animals has no fear in you. That is why, Charles Darwin, was  in a perfect place to formulate his theory of evolution.

rossmickel says:
Thanks for the great information,I am planning to visit Galapagos this June , can anyone suggest me which is the best way to travel? should I go book flight or choose the sea way. So far i have searched on http://naturegalapagos.com and their packages seemsnice to me. please help.
Posted on: Apr 16, 2014
jilliant says:
Great Post! Just thought I'd throw it out there for all you who are interested in venturing to the Galapagos Islands that I have found Galapagos Inc by Wildlife Vacations (www.galapagos-inc.com) to be a helpful source for booking travel to the region!
Posted on: Jul 26, 2009
vicktravels says:
I loved reading about your experience in the Galapagos, you definitely describe its scenery very well! The Galapagos Islands are a definitely wonderful place to travel! I used galapagos-inc.com, and was able to snag great discounts that definitely made the whole experience worth it :)
Posted on: Jul 20, 2009