INDIA Week 8

Rajasthan Travel Blog

Hello Family & Friends,
Well, I am now up north and totally loving it. Although I thoroughly miss my students and often cry about leaving them, I am enjoying exploring Rajasthan.
So far, the highlights include...
- seeing the amazingly beautiful Taj Mahal
- wearing one of my saris to the Taj Mahal and having people ask to take pictures with me
- experiencing an Indian Cycle Rickshaw traffic jam on the local bridge to the Baby Taj
- staying overnight at a fort outside of Agra
- watching the sunset and sunrise from this same fort
- exploring Delhi's bazaars and buying excessively cheap clothes and other gifts
- going to a mosque in Delhi where 25,000 Muslims pray up to 5 times a day
- taking a cycle rickshaw through a bird sanctuary
- drinking India liquor in the hotel room with our Indian guide and 4 other travelers
- listening to some local Rajasthan singing and recording it
- seeing an amazing Bollywood film in Jaipur and actually understanding the movie (in Hindi)
- getting a fantastic one hour massage in Jaipur for about $8
- taking
an elephant ride up to the Amber Fort just outside of Jaipur
- meeting and traveling with 11 other cool people from Australia, Canada, the UK, and the US
- having a very knowledgeable and funny Indian guide

And the lows include...
- seeing so much garbage all over the country
- having little children follow you around begging for money and/or food
- stomach aches from different food
- having 9 of our 12 members throwing up from bad water, food, or some unknown cause
- dealing with the heat of northern India
....not too many lows. And the highs definitely take precedence over anything bad that happens here. This country is truly amazing...its people, culture, food, everything. I know that I will definitely be back here someday soon.

Until next week, keep me in your prayers and I look forward to seeing you all in about a week.
Kelly :-)
P.S. Happy Birthday to Vida, Steve, and Monica!!!
photo by: Im_a_local