INDIA Week 4

Kanyakumari Travel Blog

Well, my Australian friend is now gone and I am missing her companionship immensely. However, we did have a great last weekend together in Bangalore. After our 20 hour train ride, we enjoyed the "Silicon Valley" of India for 4-5 days. It reminded a lot of home because it's a very westernized and young city. I even had Pizza Hut, Subway, and chocolate cake for Hana's birthday. We toured around Bangalore together in auto rickshaws and had a blast enjoying our last few days together. We even had dinner with a guy that I met on a plan ride from Mumbai to Bangalore.....the people here are so welcoming. Although I miss Hana, I think it will be good for me to have some time alone at the school.
I joined Mrs. Kingston at her brother's house in Nagercoil last night to celebrate her mother's birthday. I ate traditional Indian food and had some great chats with Mrs. Kingston's family. It's always fun to venture out to the local cities and villages and talk with the local people. You learn a lot about the country and its people by taking such trips.
I received an amazing package from my mother yesterday. It was the Best gift I've gotten in a long time.... a box full of candies, licorice, dried fruits, peanut butter...many of the snacks that I am missing from home. I've never been so excited to receive a telegram before. It had everyone in the school talking. The kids, of course, wanted some candy and the staff was amazed that I got such a big box from home. THANKS MOM!!! YOU"RE THE BEST!!!!
I have two more weeks left here at Kanyakumari Public School. I am still enjoying teaching 2 periods of biology and I will now also teach math for the last two weeks as well because the PT (PE) teacher has finally arrived. Unfortunately, there is still no biology teacher though. After I depart KPS, I will head to Chenaii for 5-6 days of exploration before my 2 week Rajastan trip, which includes Delhi, the Taj Mahal, a camel ride, and lots of other fun cultural experiences. I'm looking forward to being a tourist for a while.
Well, thank you all for your continued prayers. I look forward to sharing my pictures and stories with you all upon my return to the states.
Kelly :-)