Departing Chapel Services

Kanyakumari Travel Blog

Let us begin today’s services by singing song #32, which can be found on page

Today’s reading is from First Corinthians, Chapter 13, Verses 4 through 7:

“Love is patient and kind;
It is not jealous or conceited or proud;
Love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable;
Love does not keep record of wrongs;
Love is not happy with evil,
but is happy with the truth.
Love never gives up;
and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.”

Let me tell you the story of a young American woman who traveled to India out of LOVE. She traveled out of LOVE of teaching, LOVE of children, LOVE of helping others, LOVE of exploring new countries and different cultures, and most importantly, LOVE of God. This young woman discovered the true meaning of LOVE on her journey.

On her journey, she discovered that LOVE is patient, especially the LOVE of children for a young woman who knows only a few words in Tamil, like ammaa, appaa, and pala pulum. This same LOVE did not keep records of how many times the young woman incorrectly pronounced a word in Tamil. Instead, this LOVE encouraged her to keep trying and to keep learning, and she did.

This same young American woman also learned that LOVE is kind, so kind that a student found out her favorite fruit was pala pulum and then brought her some the very next day as a gift. This is the same kind LOVE that made her laugh when a student told her “Don’t Worry, Be Happy!” when she started crying in class because she missed home.

Students and staff, you have shown me a new kind of LOVE, one that I have never experienced before . Thank you so much for opening your hearts and your homes to this young American woman. I will never forget any of you

Let us pray…

Let us celebrate by singing Song #50 found on page

“I am a part of all that I have met”

Ulysses says this in a poem of the same title written by Tennyson. Like Ulysses, Kelly Madam has traveled widely. She has seen many countries and many different kinds of people, and she has become a part of all she has met. The children, teaching staff, and non-teaching staff of KPS have all influenced Kelly Madam. Likewise, she has left an impact on all of the people she has met at KPS.

We have taught each other that LOVE has no boundaries. LOVE sees past differences in skin color, languages, and religion. We have learned that there IS Unity in Diversity! Continue to practice this same love after Kelly Madam departs, and we will all become a part of the people we meet.

Kanyakumari