COSTA RICA Semana 2

Costa Rica Travel Blog

Hola. Yo estoy muy feliz y contenta in Costa Rica. I have had the most AMAZING week ever!!!

I am travelling with 11 awesome people....from Canada there is Brad (fireman), Vala (PhD student), Helen
(Special Ed Teacher), and Corinne (Graphic Artist); from the US there is Rachel (speech therapist from
NYC), Mey (Barnes & Nobles Manager in the Bay Area), Laura (student in OK), Jenny & Kristen (vet
students from New Orleans); and from Australia two sisters Kim and Leigh (students). We all get along
great and have been sharing rooms, clothes, dinners, beers, and some amazing adventures together over
the past 10 days. Our guide, Nancy, who is originally from the Bay Area, is a great leader for our group.
She's been a GAP guide in Central America for over 2 years now, and she's been quite helpful.

Amazing things I have I done in the last week include....
- repelling/canyoneering down 150-200 foot waterfalls in La Fortuna (I'm deathly afraid of heights)
- zip lining through the rainforest in Monte Verde (again deathly afraid of heights)
- rafting class 3 and class 4 rapids on the most famous river (Pacuare) in Costa Rica
- snorkelling (twice) and seeing some amazing water creatures in Cahuita and Montezuma
- horseback riding, once through the Montezuma mountains and a sunset beach ride in Tamarindo
- sitting in natural hot springs after all of this activity in La Fortuna
- watching amazing thunder & lightning storms in Cahuita and Montezuma
- getting a massage/chiropractic adjustement from a local woman in Monte Verde

Things I could do without...
- cockroaches in my bed
- the humidity
- the mosquitoes
- the humungous bruise on my left thigh from hitting the rocks while canyoneering
- not many complaints because afterall, I am in COSTA RICA!!

I'll try and send emails once I get to my host family on July 9th, but I can't promise anything due to the
power outages. Keep me in your prayers.

Hugs,
Kelly
:-)

P.S. HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!